Your bag is empty
§ 1 GENERAL
Californian Roots GmbH, Torstr. 72, 10119 Berlin
Managing Director Andreas Koschnike
Telephone +49 30-25762070
Email [email protected]
(hereinafter called "/" or "we") runs an online shop under the internet address / (hereinafter called "website"). All orders placed by you via the website and our deliveries and services are exclusively subject to the following general terms and conditions, in the version that is valid at the time of the order.
We do not accept conflicting terms and conditions of the customer unless we have agreed to their validity in writing.
§ 2 RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
Right to return
You may return merchandise you have received without indicating any reasons within a period of 30 days. The period commences upon receipt of this notification in writing (i.e. as a letter or e-mail), but not before the customer has received the merchandise (in case of a recurring delivery of merchandise of the same kind not before receipt of the first partial delivery), and equally not before we have fulfilled our obligation to provide information according to Article 246 § 2 in connection with § 1 section 1 and 2 of the Introductory Act of the German Civil Code (EGBGB) as well as our obligations according to §312e section 1 clause 1 German Civil Code (BGB) in connection with Article 246 § 3 EGBGB.
Only if the merchandise is not suitable for dispatch by parcel (i.e. bulky goods) you may declare the return by means of a return request in writing, i.e. by letter or e-mail. To observe the return period limitations a dispatch of the merchandise or the return request within that time frame is sufficient. In any case you will bear the costs and the risks of any return.
The return shipment or the return request must be addressed to:
Caliroots, BOX 1251, 164 29 Kista, Sweden
Returns in Sweden - Schenker:
Caliroots, Vandagatan 3, 164 74 Kista, Sweden
Consequences of a return
In case of an effective return any payments received or, if applicable, any benefits achieved by use of the goods must be returned by both parties. In the event that the goods have deteriorated or for use (i.e. benefits from use) ,which cannot be reimbursed fully or partially or only in an impaired condition, you will have to pay an appropriate compensation.
You will only have to pay compensation for a deterioration of the goods or for any benefits achieved, if the use or the deterioration is the result of handling the merchandise in a way that exceeds the assessment of its attributes or functionality. “Assessment of attributes or functionality” is defined as testing and trying out the respective merchandise, as it is possible and common in a shop. Obligations with regard to the refund of payments must be met within 30 days. For you this period begins with the dispatch of the merchandise or the send date of the return request, for us with the receipt.
Please note that we can only accept returns from the country which the shipment was sent to. If the shipment was sent to Austria, for instance, we can only accept a return from Austria.
The costs of your order will be charged to your credit card or bank account. In case of a return, your relevant card or bank account will be credited. However, any losses that are caused by currency fluctuations will not be refunded.
If you have any queries considering your return rights, please contact our customer care management:
E-Mail: [email protected]
§ 3 IMPORTANT NOTES
1. The articles offered on Soto are presented as digital photographs depicting the existing merchandise. Slight differences between the photographs and reality do not constitute a defect of the ordered merchandise.
2. Please note that the articles presented on Soto may no longer be available at the time of the customer’s visit to our site, and the respective prices might have changed. All prices are listed in Euro incl. VAT and excluding shipping costs.
3. Soto is entitled to perform partial deliveries.
4. Gift certificates are valid for three years from the date of purchase and cannot be returned.
§ 4 CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT
1. A contract between you and / shall come into effect upon shipment of the merchandise that has been ordered by you. By submitting the ordering form provided on our website, you make a binding offer to us to conclude the contract. Your order has been placed once you have entered all the information that is required for the ordering process, and subsequently sent us the ordering form by clicking “submit order”.
2. Soto shall be entitled to reject an order placed by you without stating any reasons. This shall apply particularly in those cases, where there are well-founded suspicions that the ordered articles are to be sold to third parties on a commercial basis.
§ 5 SAVING OF CONTRACT
Once you have placed your order you will receive the order confirmation with all given data by email, which may be printed out as well. If you create a customer account you will also be able to see your order history and at any given time the actual process of your order.
§ 6 DELIVERY AND SHIPMENT
1. Shipping worldwide is exclusively provided via UPS. Sotostore.com bears the risk of transportation.
2. The merchandise will be ready for shipment one day after your order was placed at the latest. Upon dispatch, your parcel will arrive in two to six business days, depending on the shipping method and the destination, unless it was agreed otherwise. Please be aware that, during sale periods, handling and shipping may take longer than originally advertised.
3. Shipment to non-EU countries
3a) Product prices are shown inclusive of German sales tax (19% VAT).
3b) Please note that we bear the insurance costs of the merchandise as well as the costs for any accompanying documents. Product prices are shown exclusive of customs duties. Please note that turnover tax on imports, customs duties as well as handling costs will be invoiced separately by UPS for each individual country. For details regarding taxes and duties in your country, please contact our customer care team at [email protected] Please note that you will have to bear any possible foreign bank charges.
Customs duties, sales tax on imports as well as UPS handling costs will not be refunded in case of a return.
4. Shipping Costs
|Destination||Shipping costs||Delivery time|
|Germany||7.90 EUR||2-3 Workdays|
|EU||7.90 EUR||2-5 Workdays|
|Rest of the world||15.00 EUR||3-6 Workdays|
§ 7 PAYMENT AND DELAYS IN PAYMENT
You may pay for your order at / by credit card, Klarna or by redeeming a gift certificate. All payments including credit notes shall be made in the same currency in which the purchase was made.
Payment by credit card
We accept the following credit cards:
American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Maestro (International)
Payment by Klarna
With Klarna Checkout, German customers can safely and comfortable pay with invoice, partial payment, credit card and bank transfer. See Klarna terms here: Germany.
Payment by PayPal
Select to pay with PayPal and you will be redirected to PayPal to complete your payment. Simple, safe and secure. If you have more questions regarding your payment please contact PayPal: www.paypal.com.
Payment by gift certificates
In commercial business the buyer’s right of retention and the right to refuse performance shall be excluded with the exception of counterclaims that have been determined without further legal recourse or are undisputed.
§ 8 RETENTION OF TITLE
Sotostore.com reserves the right to retain title and ownership of any and all articles supplied until such time as full payment has been received.
§ 9 CUSTOMER QUERIES ON ORDERS AND/OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any queries on orders and/or complaints, please contact our customer care team:
E-Mail: [email protected]
§ 10 WARRANTY
The statutory law of warranty shall apply.
§ 11 PRIVACY
1. We take privacy very seriously. All customer data are saved and processed by / solely in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. In particular, personal data are being collected, saved, and used exclusively for the purpose of processing the order or with your explicit consent. Furthermore, addresses and ordering data are collected, processed and used for internal marketing purposes. We do not store personal data longer than is absolutely required.
2. In case you would prefer your personal data not to be used, processed, and transmitted for marketing purposes, simply inform us by post or email at [email protected]/. Please be aware, however, that this does not apply to the data that are necessary to process your order. Upon receipt of your notice, we will only use, process and transmit your data in order to process the latter. In addition, your information will not be used for advertising actions.
3. We do not forward personal data to third parties except with regard to subcontractors of / that require the transfer of data to process the order. In these cases, however, the scope of the data transfer is restricted to the required minimum.
6. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States .
In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transfered to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
§ 12 CHOICE OF LAW, EFFECTIVENESS
1. German law shall apply with the exception of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
2. In case that one or more provisions are invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.